Monday, August 3, 2009

Jack turns 9!

Jack's 9th Birthday

Jack turned 9 on July 31st. Wow, I can not believe our baby boy is nine years old. Grandpa put together a fun filled family birthday party for the whole family. We all attended the McDonald/Rough Rider night on Thursday July 30th. Jack got a quarter pounder meal and finished every bite. Then we ate the cupcakes that Grandma made and opened presents. Jack was so excited to get an Iowa wrestling shirt. Then it was off to the Rough Rider game. Savannah fell asleep by the end of the first inning. The San Diego Chicken was in town for entertainment. Everyone had a great time, because the Rough Rider's won! Spencer caught a foul ball and David Lee caught a t-shirt. Spencer gave his ball to Jack since it was his birthday. What a nice big brother. David Lee bought Spence a funnel cake since he did the dishes for him that day. The lady that waited on Spencer gave his funnel cake to someone else, so Spence got a free hot dog. I promise that son of mine is always getting something free all the time. We all ate and ate until we all felt sick, but still had to eat cotton candy. Deuce came over and wished Jack a "Happy Birthday!" And Savannah was so happy that Deuce gave her a hug, but she still letting everyone know that The Chicken did NOT give her a hug.
On the 31st, I took Jack out to lunch at Pasados with one of my good friends. We ate and ate and laughed and laughed. It was very special to be able to spend some one-on-one time with him. I still can not believe he is almost in third grade. Then later on that night we went to the older boys baseball game. The boys lost, but we went to Sonic to celebrate the end of the summer season. Then it was off to home for presents. Jack got a paint ball gun, a new scooter and fishing pole. He was so excited about the paint ball gun, because that means he can now go with the "big" boys. He is still carrying around his gun and wearing his mask almost four days later. Those boys better watch out, becuase I am going to play the next time they go paint balling and they better be ready because I am going to get me some Schoen boys! HA!HA! And now since he has his own fishing pole he does not have to share with Spencer. As I look at Jack, I see such a nice young man. He is a pleaser by nature and takes great care of his little sister. He loves to just hold my hand while we watch T.V. or if we are sitting in church. I hope that he always wants to hold his mother's hand but I am afraid it will end before I know it. But he will always be my "baby boy" no matter how old he becomes. He has a strong love for Christ and willingness to serve others. My hope for him is that this does not change.

No comments:

Post a Comment